My fashion show!!

星期日, 七月 09, 2006

Half Day 4 iBT

Half day for TOEFL iBT test���

What a bad day! I sat for the TOEFL iBT test and the only thing I can said is���SUCKS!
Before the test started,I chat with a guy who is from Mongolia.He is going to St Cloud university,which near Moorhead in Minnesota!! I gotta entered the test room after received a sms from Wan Xin(not that nervous after ah mui blessed me right before the test! THANKZ to all the ppl who wished me���) I have no any idea how���s the test will be questioned! Morover, we were the first badge who took this iBT test in Malaysia! (It was 5.45pm when the test started���)

I have the Reading Test as the first section. So far so good for the first two passages, even its still harder than the exercise I practiced before from CBT (Computer-base test) book. My mind start becoming dizzy after that.(IMAGINE u have 2 read a story from Reader���s Digest, and answer quite a lots of questions, mostly about vocabulary!) I thought that some passages will be easier after that, but���its became more and more harder until the 6th passages!! My mind has became blur and many stars have upon my head ** ><

Its pretty easy for the second section, listening test, I can answer mostly of the questions without hesitated. We had given 10 minutes break right after the Listening test .(It was 8pm edi���) After the break, we were told that our test system had been BROKEN DOWN!! All the people who in charge keep calling here and there to solve the problem, they even called to US and checked with the IT manager! I don���t have the mood to do for the test edi���FINALLY, we can continue back the test 30 minutes later���(8.45pm)

The most frustrated time has came. We had the speaking section, new section for iBT. However, I didn���t prepare this section at all!! They gave u abt 20 second to think what u gonna to talk, and gave 1 minute let u talk your idea!! ItZ FreeKing HARD!! U see,20 second cant think more den 3 point���you definitely cant speak well no matter how good ur English are!! Itz considered not bad if u have one point to talk about��� better den said nothing at all!! When comes to my time to speak, I always: ��� Err..well..in tis case..errr..(blah blah blah)..���Sumtimes, I oso dunno what were I talking about!! Just simply threw out the thoughts from mind���When came to the last question in this section, I had a lot idea about that topic!! But the stupid computer system just shut off after 1 minute!! AND I JUST STARTED some important points at that time!! (Dunno the system got recorder my sound when I said ���DAMN!!��� in every questions or not��� lolz ) I admit that I���m not gud in English, but the test is really tough like SAT! One of the candidate said, the critical reading of SAT is as hard as Speaking from TOEFL���.


Finally, we had our last section for the test, Writing section! It was also quite different compared with CBT���In CBT, u will be given abt 20 minutes to write some brainstorming or planning your essay. And you will have 40 minutes to complete ONE essay. In iBT, there���s no such thing that planning the essay! We had to do a summery and an essay in 45 minutes!!! The summery is quite unique. Besides a paragraph given,u have to listen to a speaker in computer what he was talking about and drop down some important notes��� but the fact is, I dunno the what is the question about before the speaker spoke���which important fact should I copy down?? I dun think I did well in summery .For the essay, it was something like ���do u agree that study out of the school OR in the school is important for students?��� (WHAT IS THIS ?!!) sigh.. I have to write this stupid essay about 300 words in 30 minutes���

Finaaaally���I had finished the test! the clock has shown 10.35pm, for god sick I haven���t took my dinner! I no mood to think what should I eat even I was damn Hungry��� Hopefully the score is not that terrible���Anyway, seems like I have to said goodbye to NY first���Hopefully I catch up for the Spring semester next year cuz now NY Unis do not receive any late comers for the Fall semester edi���sob.. Just concentrate for Minnesota U first la

P/S : For those who wanna sit for TOEFL, remember that a iBT guide book is IMPORTANT!! DO NOT USE CBT books to study for iBT test!! I���m the best example!!
This will just waste your effort no matter how much u study!!! DO NOT USE THE COMPUTER NO 4 during the test!!!

没有评论:

Malaysia

Malaysia 2

Sekinchan